A series of six informal thematic sessions on facilitating safe, orderly and regular migration will be held between April 2017 and November 2017 to gather substantive input and concrete recommendations to inform the development of the global compact on migration.
1. Human rights of all migrants, social inclusion, cohesion and all forms of discrimination, including racism, xenophobia and intolerance
Palais des Nations, Room XIX, Geneva , 8-9 May 2017
2. Addressing drivers of migration, including adverse effects of climate change, natural disasters and human-made crises, through protection and assistance, sustainable development, poverty eradication, conflict prevention and resolution
ECOSOC Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, New York, 22-23 May 2017
3. International cooperation and governance of migration in all its dimensions, including at borders, on transit, entry, return, readmission, integration and reintegration
Palais des Nations, Room XIX, Geneva, 19-20 June 2017
4. Contributions of migrants and diasporas to all dimensions of sustainable development, including remittances and portability of earned benefits
Trusteeship Council Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, New York, 24-25 July 2017
5. Smuggling of migrants, trafficking in persons and contemporary forms of slavery, including appropriate identification, protection and assistance to migrants and trafficking victims
Vienna International Centre, Plenary Room, Vienna, 4-5 September 2017
6. Irregular migration and regular pathways, including decent work, labour mobility, recognition of skills and qualifications and other relevant measures
Palais des Nations, Room XIX, Geneva, 12-13 October 2017
View the General concept note for Phase I of the consultations for the Global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration.