UNHCR and the Office of the UN Special Representative for International Migration hosted an anniversary event for the New York Declaration.
Wednesday 20 September 2017 from 09:30 to 11:00 a.m.
Secretariat Building – Conference Room 7, United Nations Headquarters, New York
The event marked the first anniversary of the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants and served as a high-level briefing on the global compact on refugees and the global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration.
- Secretary General of the United Nations, António Guterres [Video]
- President of the General Assembly, Miroslav Lajčák [Video]
- UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Filippo Grandi
- UN Special Representative for International Migration, Louise Arbour
- Director General of the International Organization for Migration, William Lacy Swing
The event was moderated by the UN Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications Alison Smale.
You can rewatch the event on UN Web TV.
You can tweet about the event using #UN4RefugeesMigrants
Join UNHCR #WithRefugees campaign by signing the petition today.